- 10:15 - Those "bell-shaped hats" that the Jabbawockeez wear are called bucket hats. Their masks are just called masks.
- 40:16 - We've mentioned this before, but Ibtisam is Luke's partner whom he loves and is always willing to help with her ice.
- 1:30:37 - The Solomon Islands are a part of Oceania, which in turn is technically a part of Asia-Pacific.
EPISODE 19 - "Mystery Mask Mix-Up"
Scooby-Doo, Where Are You!
Season 2, Episode 2
8/28/2017 - "Raggy, rhat's racist!"
"Like, yeah, Scoob, 'Matt's laces'! Our buddy Matt sure is bad at tying his shoes!"
"No, Raggy! Rometimes our actions reretuate harmful racial rereotypes rich can be offensive and hurtful!"
Anyway, this episode features many characters of Chinese descent, and while the rest of the gang gets away scot-free this human-canine duo demonstrate some pretty heinous behaviour. A product of its time to be sure, but unpleasant to look back on nonetheless.
4:04 - Evan has actually long felt uncomfortable about telling people he's biracial, even though his parents are from two distinct Asian ethnicities. NPR's Code Switch did a really great episode on a similar struggle many biracial and multi-racial people share!
11:47 - Fresh Off the Boat is a great example of actors who have adopted an accent that's very true to life, and not merely a caricature. Constance Wu, who affects one on the show, has shared a lot about how important it was to nail that down. Also the show is hilarious and you should watch it.
28:50 - Tumblr has played out exactly who would win between Scooby-Doo and Courage the Cowardly Dog, and it's great.
35:25 - What's not to love about Japanese Spider-Man?
- 36:58 - "I know a place where I am going / And the place where I am going / Just around the bend"
- 1:10:05 - Hey look, it's the actual "Wallace-and-Grommit-The-Wrong-Trousers-type-scene":
- 1:16:54 - Luke is of course referring to 1 Kings 3:16-28, in which King Solomon must help resolve a dispute between two women who claim that a child belongs to them.