- 4:07 - It's not "just [Luke's] kid memory"! Dexter's Laboratory actually featured three segments per episode!
- 10:19 - Do not believe Evan when he says he doesn't know who Brian Huskey is. He's actually one of his favourite parts of ABC's short-lived Selfie, as well as the star of the hilarious "What if Google Was a Guy" videos.
- 17:10 - That "Gwen Stefani song" is obviously Hollaback Girl.
- 26:45 - Evan says that he thinks "since there was a basketball game going on it was definitely in the evening." He's very wrong, as you can see in the screenshot of the Hillside High's Gym above.
- 49:04 - The pop star in A Goofy Movie is Powerline, best known for such hits as "Stand Out" and "Eye to Eye".
EPISODE 21 - "The Creature Came from Chem Lab / No Thanks, Masked Manx"
The New Scooby and Scrappy-Doo Show
Season 1, Episode 4
9/18/2017 - Let me say right off the bat, this site was supposed to be 100% up and good to go on the date stated, but SquareSpace decided not to be super cool and I just couldn't deal with it last night. That said, these show notes are really good, I think. I might just be tooting my own horn, but they're both fun and educational!
That's a similar theme to the episode we covered this week, which starts in a place of learning and ends at a party in a lavish mansion. There are so many more incredible through-lines in The New Scooby and Scrappy-Doo Show, you just need to watch closely and make them up as you go along!
- 8:39 - Thankfully Jon Colton Barry was more amused than upset about how we chose to say his name a few episodes back (click on the image to check out the actual Facebook post itself):
- 18:57 - We decided to help you out and provide you with a link to the Scoobypedia page on the Creature from Chem Lab that does indeed denote the colour of the monster's sclera.
- 33:00 - Luke notes that the "giant floppy disk which, at the time, was the equivalent of a micro SD card". For a bit of context for far we've we've come, an 8-inch floppy disk could store up to 1.2 MB; a micro SD card can hold up 32 GB, or roughly 26,666 times more data.
- 48:54 - There was absolutely no way we were going to pass up the opportunity to embed a clip of A Goofy Movie, and the scene where the perfect cast is first demonstrated for the world is as good as any.
- 58:03 - In reality Carmen Miranda, better known by Chiquita Banana Girl, or, as Evan says, the "Chiquita Banana Mascot", was so popular that she was actually the highest paid woman in the United States in 1945.
- 1:03:58 - Very disturbingly, the only horse costume we were able to find on SpiritHalloween.com was "Adult Horse Demon Costume", as seen below:
- 1:13:13 - "The Ace Bandit" definitely sounds like more of a canine crook, in part because its name is made up of two very famous dogs.
- 1:16:05 - Okay, this is actually pretty wild, because it turns out that "hoosgow" is actually a corruption of the word "jusgado", the Mexican Spanish word for jail.