- 39:33 - Evan is trying to reference "The Abominable Snow Rabbit", an episode of Looney Tunes which features Bugs and Daffy trying to escape the clutches of The Abominable Snow Man. The latter refers to his captives as "George".
- 48:12 - This is "the third season of Scooby-Doo, Where Are You!, but it's actually pretty complicated, and we touched on it back in Episode 2. Technically it was also syndicated as The Scooby-Doo Show, and we've actually labelled it as such.
- 1:05:54 - Luke describes a feeling "like when you spell 'cat' so many times you don't know how it's spelled". That's actually called "wordnesia" and Slate did a really great article on the phenomenon.
EPISODE 23 - "Jeepers, It's the Jaguaro!"
The Scooby-Doo Show
Season 3, Episode 8
10/2/2017 - "Things are never so bad that they can't get worse." That's apparently a Humphrey Bogart quote, a man known for keeping things for himself and depriving others of their use. It's also an adage that applies to this episode, as Scoob and Shag constantly find themselves catapulted from one life-threatening situation to another.
It's not all near death experiences, though! The gang find themselves sorely in need of diversity training, show how thinking ahead and trusting no one are valuable life skills, and . . . oh my gosh, the Jaguaro is a Fuzor. You know, Fuzors, like on Beast Wars, the animated show? Silverbolt was half-wolf, half-eagle, I mean how sick is that-
- 10:44 - In Amazon Trail you get to fish with a spear instead of hunting with a gun, and that might sound lame but it was actually really cool. You could even take photos of plantains and other fruits in order to add them to your food stocks!
- 12:10 - On the blooper reel for Season 2 of The Office Creed keeps making the rest of the cast break by the way he pronounces "carnivale" and it's absolutely delightful.
- 33:18 - The song sung by Turk and friends is called "Trashin' the Camp", which you can listen to here...
- 33:24 - ...but really, you should check out the much deeper cut from the Don Bluth classic below:
- 56:34 - The Bible verses Luke references are, in order: 1 John 1:7, the first chunk of Exodus 2, and 1 Thessalonians 5:2.
- 1:30:21 - If you're in New York City, definitely follow-up on Charles' suggestion and check out the WB pop-up! As mentioned it's happening this upcoming weekend, October 6-8, and you can find out more about it here.