- This episode was originally recorded on January 11, 2017.
- Evan jokes that Luke will only have $12.53 to bequeath to his extended family after he passes. Luke then mentions that "[his] other $8.53" will go towards purchasing a vinyl record to play his will, and that the reason for this is because "[he's] going to die with a $20 bill in [his] pocket and nothing else." This amount would actually come out to $21.
EPISODE 3 - "A Night of Fright is No Delight"
Scooby-Doo, Where Are You!
Season 1, Episode 16
Do you ever stop and dwell on your mistakes? We don't! I mean, sure, we had promised to cover The 13 Ghosts of Scooby-Doo this week, and then due to some technical issues were not able to deliver on that promise, but we're giving you what's probably our best episode yet instead!
This is a lovingly recorded podcast on a lovingly rendered installment of Scooby-Doo, and it has everything: a shaky intro, an overly long run time, and countless digressions on the antebellum south! Discover whether or not the gang overnighting in a haunted mansion nets them a fortune, just how goofy "the goofiest" trap Fred has ever seen is, and the term we coined for our shared favourite gag!
- Evan totally was watching a lot of The Bachelor at the time of this recording, but he still hasn't finished the finale because he had it spoiled and wasn't thrilled by Nick "It's His Third Time" Viall's decision.
- Having done very little digging, we've found that Gotcher & Beaver is a pretty good contender when it comes to worse firm names than Creeps & Crawls.
- Now there are many names for the American Civil War, but we're fans of how apparently many East Asian languages refer to it as the "Battle between North and South Side of the United States".
- We Googled "do birds wear clothes" just to see if a goose wearing an old Confederate soldier's shirt checks out, and what we ended up finding is a complete and utter delight.
- So Nick Kocher actually wrote a few issues of Rocket Raccoon and Groot for Marvel. Perhaps more importantly, as one half of BriTANick he is responsible for the incredible "Academy Award Winning Movie Trailer", which you can check out below:
- If you check on eBay Confederate currency regularly sells for more than its original value, and collectors were on the lookout for it long before the turn of the century, so . . . yeah.