- 17:48 - Technically "ken" isn't Scottish slang, as it's a bit of vocabulary from the Scots dialect, which is legally its own language.
- 22:07-23:05 - Luke is correct in that marshmallows are, by definition, not vegetarian. They join such foods as Caesar salad dressing and, strangely enough, Guinness, as "grey areas" for those who choose not to consume meat.
EPISODE 40 - "A Highland Fling with a Monstrous Thing"
The Scooby-Doo Show
SEASON 3, EPISODE 6
3/19/2018 - This installment was originally going to be a non-recap episode, but Luke and Evan opted to try something they'd been wanting to do for ages, and recorded an episode while under the influence. If alcohol is not your thing then this may not be the episode for you! If it is your thing it might be, but there's still a chance it won't.
Out of reverence for St. Patrick the Scooby Dudes brings you an episode that is entirely snake-free! Not once do the mention anacondas, vipers, cobras, asps, boomslangs, and the like. In fact, they're positive that there isn't another Scooby-Doo podcast out there that has treated St. Patrick's Day and the culture that celebrates it with the respect it deserves.
- 18:12 - The Adventure Time episode being discussed is "Video Makers", the 23rd episode of the show's second season. You can hear Shelby say "Cheque please" in the YouTube clip below.
- 30:38-30:54 - Hayao Miyazaki is a famous Japanese filmmaker known for such animated features as Howl's Moving Castle and Spirited Away. One of his many visual trademarks is having characters' expressiveness extend to their hair. As there's no way of determining when you'll visit this page, you can see the tumblr post discussed using this link.
- 40:30 - Luke is almost certainly referencing this infamous line from the cult classic Troll 2:
- 45:57 - Snowy really was a "lush little pup". There are no barrels being broken in this clip from the animated The Adventures of Tintin, but it sums up this terrier's relationship with hooch pretty well.
- 1:07:39 - If you're a Canadian and haven't watched Kim's Convenience you are doing yourself an immense disservice. Head on over to CBC.ca and start from the very first episode, you won't regret it.