- Luke intimates that Ice Cube was the host of Pimp My Ride, when really it was Xzibit.
- Luke also quips that he thought Scooby and Shaggy would "make like penguins and beat the Ottawa Senators 3-1 securing a key victory on the road to the Stanley Cup." They actually defeated the Sens 4-3, with Chris Kunitz making a game-winning shot a little over five minutes into the second overtime in Game 7.
- The outro has a lot of street sounds as background noise. That's our bad, because we share the blame and definitely don't want to lay it solely at Luke's feet or anything.
- For any Patreon donors, the cough audio Luke was referencing is "It's the tussis lung condition / Hot and fresh out the kitchen". For any who aren't Patreon donors, we do intermittently post content that anyone can access, so feel free to check out our page for that!
EPISODE 9 - "Shags to Riches"
Shaggy & Scooby-Doo Get a Clue!
Season 1, Episode 1
Lovers of mysteries will be pleased to know that Shaggy & Scooby-Doo Get a Clue holds at least one mystery, namely: Who was responsible for greenlighting a Scooby-Doo show that doesn't revolve around solving mysteries? At that point what can they even call the vehicle the gang rides around in, just "The Machine"?
This week the Scooby Dudes are covering a show that throws out the standard formula, art style, majority of supporting characters, and any of the ghosts, ghouls, and monsters you've come to expect from the franchise. That being said, Evan and Luke will fully admit to having laughed out loud more than any other episode. Laugh with them! Laugh at them! Cry, because it's your party and you can if you want to! With Scooby Dudes every podcast episode is a party.
- Luke says that "it's a pretty Bogel turn of events", which refers to a bit we did in our episode on "To All the Ghouls I've Loved Before".
- The episodes that feature aunts and uncles are: "Make a Beeline Away From that Feline" (Aunt Olivia Dervy), "Scooby Dude" (Aunt Thelma), "A Scooby-Doo Halloween" (Uncle Evan and Aunt Meg). Added to this one that's 4/9 which is, sure, almost "50% of episodes we've done".
- As a little context for the Toronto housing market, it's so ridiculously high that it's been driving up the prices of property hours away.
- If you also ship Robi with Rosie the Robot Maid, from The Jetsons, then I think we will get along just fine.
- Evan has a particular fondness of G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra because of the use of "nanomites" to destroy national landmarks, which has long been his personal brand of supervillainy.
- It turns out that "Everybody Wants the Hermaphrodite" is a trope on TV Tropes, and not just some old adage Luke and Evan had never heard of.
- Here is a picture of Gordon Ramsay that just so happens to feature his forehead: