- 20:17 - It turns out that masks do in fact play a part in Maasai culture, though it wasn't really their that warriors wore them in battle. That said, they appear to have played a part in war preparations. It's safe to say that Luke and Evan were both equal parts wrong and right.
- 49:21 - Why did Luke keep saying "Fiefel"? It's very clearly "Fievel", with a hard "V" sound. He does fix it later on, though.
- 51:01 - The "Native American mice tribe" actually lives on Manhattan Island, which would've been more obvious if Evan had remembered that the film is titled An American Tail: The Treasure of Manhattan Island.
- 1:12:35 - The actual quote that most people are familiar with is from the titular A Game of Thrones, when Cersei Lannister says: "When you play the game of thrones, you win or you die. There is no middle ground." That said, the phrase is actually said five times throughout the series (at the time of this writing).
EPISODE 28 - "Game of Chicken"
Be Cool, Scooby-Doo!
Season 1, Episode 2
11/20/2017 - The most surprising thing about listening to this episode long after recording it is how there are little to no chicken puns or jokes scattered throughout. Given the truly awful "salad" bit from last week, however, that's probably for the best.
Luke and Evan's reference game is off the chain, to the point where they had to refrain from elaborating on such pop culture touchstones as Homer's The Iliad, Mark Twain's The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn, and J.J. Abram's Cloverfield. Looking to learn more about those and more? Patreon donors should be receiving those extras in the very near future.
- 00:58 - The "Other Luke Doty" is "a 6-2, 190-pound Pro-Style Quarterback from Myrtle Beach, SC." Really, they're pretty much carbon copies of one another.
- 6:50 - Here's a link to some really great McHanzo fanart. On that note, here's some for JunkMetra as well.
- 41:29 - Luke's "sheath" comment can be better understood after having watched the first Rorouni Kenshin OVA (Original Video Animation), Rurouni Kenshin: Trust & Betrayal.
- 53:54 - The first of three video clip shownotes, it was pretty serendipitous that this scene was uploaded to YouTube.
- 1:00:45 - Luke and Evan stopped watching and enjoying Family Guy years and years ago, but this scene is still pretty funny. Apologies about the quality, but the better version wasn't embeddable.
- 1:15:21 - JBC by Nizlopi is an absolute delight of a track and you owe it to yourselves to check it out.