- 13:10 - Severe pain actually can cause vomiting, as former aerobic instructor, swim instructor, and lifeguard Patricia Snyder explains in this Quora post.
EPISODE 50 - "Scooby's Night of Frozen Fright" (w/ Ibtisam Brown)
SCOOBY-DOO, Where Are You!
SEASON 2, EPISODE 3
6/4/2018 - Common terminology for our ancestors is "Early Man", which seems like a bit of an odd holdover in our more politically correct day and age. Given that this is Scooby Dudes' 50th recap/review episode this week, you could say that it features a "Late Woman", though by no fault of hers.
Evan and Luke ask Ibtisam to be their guest, be their guest, put their service to the test. If anything she's the one who's tested, but gamely puts up with them (in this case "them" refers to "the man she's chosen to spend the rest of her life with"). A good time is had by all, and group you can very easily be a part of!
- 16:13 - Full disclosure, the vast majority of Evan's knowledge of cavemen comes from the 2017 novel The Last Neanderthal, by Claire Cameron.
- 17:30-18:45 - Here's an article from CNN titled "Archaeologists uncover remains of man crushed as he fled Pompeii", and below that is a tweet about the other guy:
- 26:02 - Contrary to what Google would have you believe, "Ibtisam" is not first and foremost "a female Mon Calamari pilot who flew for the Rebel Alliance and the New Republic during the Galactic Civil War". It means "smile" in Arabic.
- 38:15 - Mental Floss has a good breakdown on the assumptions that can arise given one's foot size here.
- 44:04 - Following on a trend that began in last week's episode, this time around Luke is referencing a Calvin & Hobbes arc that began on October 27, 1989 and ran through to November 4, 1989.
- 58:03 - The Wet Banana was an 80s toy that was, for all intents and purposes, a Slip 'n' Slide but with an added "banana sprinkler".