- 3:45 - It turns out that Jeffrey Tambor was not actually fired from Transparent, and as of December 2017 is apparently not going to be leaving the show.
- 16:55 - Luke mentions that an "old-school hologram" made using lights and mirrors "did not exist and should not exist". Evan actually bit his tongue, as he knew that creating ghostly images using those components is actually entirely possible.
- 45:18 - The movie that Scooby and Shaggy watched in the previous episode, "What a Night for a Knight" was Star: Dog Ranger of the North Woods. You can listen to the Scooby Dudes' coverage of that episode here!
EPISODE 32 - "Hassle in the Castle"
Scooby-Doo, Where Are You!
Season 1, Episode 2
1/7/2018 - Look, Luke and Evan will be the first to admit that this was a somewhat shaky step into what every sane man, woman, and child hopes is a better year than the last. Not all of the bits were biting, and quite a few references passed by their recipients like ships in the night. That said, they tried something new and one of them was sick, so all things considering things went pretty well!
The beauty of this website is that it's a space for additional content, but also for reflection. Since Evan is the one who puts absolutely all of this together, a good chunk of these shownotes shine a light on those missed connections, both for his benefit and for yours, dear listener.
- 21:09 - It's actually maddening that a Google Image Search for "Kermit the Hermit" results in book covers for a Muppet Babies book with the same title. How is that even legal, how was that ever allowed?
- 24:38 - Evan chose to say "Rell rhat's the way the rookie rumbles" as a direct reference to Bruce Almighty, which his co-host does not confirm.
- 27:05 - Swiftly after he quotes a fictional "very helpful mnemonic device", which Luke takes to be more like SOHCAHTOA or "Never Eat Shredded Wheat". Evan was actually riffing on the opening lines to a well-known poem, which goes "In 1492, Columbus sailed the ocean blue."
- 34:59 - All that said, it's especially comforting to know that the two will always line up when it comes to inane YouTube memes-
- 37:01 - If you don't believe Evan when it comes to Brian Jacques' name, this site states that their listed pronunciation "has been verified by the publisher".
- 52:33-52:51 - Within this 18 second time frame Evan says the word "like" a grand total of seven times.